Carlo Osvaldo Goldoni, 1707 - 1793
Oil on canvas by Alessandro Longhi (ca. 1789)
Born: 25 February 1707, Venice, Republic of Venice
Died: 6 February 1793, Paris, France
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Carlo Goldoni quotes:
Click here to find books by Carlo Goldoni at Amazon.com
- A wise traveler never depreciates his own country. permalink
- Each day a day goes by. permalink
- He only half dies who leaves an image of himself in his sons. permalink
- He who never leaves his country is full of prejudices. permalink
- He who talks much cannot talk well. permalink
- Noble bold is an accident of fortune; noble actions characterize the great. permalink
- Pretexts are not wanting when one wishes to use them. permalink
- The blush is beautiful, but it is sometimes convenient. permalink
- The world is a beautiful book, but of little use to him who cannot read it. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.