Charles Percy Snow, 1905 - 1980
Born: 15 October 1905, Leicester, England, UK
Died: 1 July 1950, London, England, UK
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
C. P. Snow quotes:
Click here to find books by C. P. Snow at Amazon.com
- Comment is free, but facts are sacred. permalink
"A Hundred Years" in The Manchester Guardian (5 May 1921)
- Its primary office is the gathering of news. At the peril of its soul it must see that the supply is not tainted. permalink
about his newspaper, "A Hundred Years" in The Manchester Guardian (5 May 1921)
- Science is the refusal to believe on the basis of hope. permalink
- Technology ... is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. permalink
- The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: if you pursue happiness, you'll never find it. permalink
- When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.