Robert Montgomery "Bobby" Knight
Watching his team practice, U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Jonathan Steffen (21 November 2007)
Born: 25 October 1940, Massillon, Ohio
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Bobby Knight quotes:
Click here to find books by Bobby Knight at Amazon.com
- All of us learn to write in second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. permalink
- Discipline: doing what you have to do, and doing it as well as you possibly can, and doing it that way all the time. permalink
- If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs — even if they were coming in fuzzy. permalink
- Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one. permalink
- The key is not the "will to win" ... everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important. permalink
Knight: My Story (2002)
- The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. permalink
- There are times when my passion for basketball led me into confrontations that I could have handled a lot better. I've always been too confrontational, especially when I know I'm right. permalink
- You are never going to be driven anywhere worthwhile, but you sure as hell drive yourself to a lot of great places. It is up to you to drive yourself there. permalink
- Your biggest opponent isn't the other guy. It's human nature. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.