Robert Norman "Bob" Ross, 1942 - 1995
Promotional image for The Joy of Painting
Born: 29 October 1942, Daytona Beach, Florida
Died: 4 July 1995, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Bob Ross quotes:
Click here to find books by Bob Ross at Amazon.com
- As my son Steve says, just 'smoosh' it in there. It's not a real word, but people seem to know what it means. permalink
- In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only thing I have power over, is the garbage. permalink
- Just scrape in a few indications of sticks and twigs and other little things in there. People will think you spend hours doing this. permalink
- People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different. permalink
- We artists are a different breed of people. We're a happy bunch. permalink
- We don't make mistakes here, we just have happy accidents. permalink
The Joy of Painting
- You know me, I gotta put in a big tree. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.