Josip Broz Tito, 1892 - 1980
Hosting Elizabeth II of England (17-21 October 1972)
Born: 7 May 1892, Kumrovec, Croatia-Slavonia, Austria-Hungary
Died: 4 May 1980, Ljubljana, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Josip Broz Tito quotes:
Click here to find books by Josip Broz Tito at Amazon.com
- Any movement in history which attempts to perpetuate itself becomes reactionary. permalink
- Churchill, he is a great man. He is, of course, our enemy and has always been the enemy of Communism, but he is an enemy one must respect, an enemy one likes to have. permalink
- None of our republics would be anything if we weren't all together; but we have to create our own history — history of United Yugoslavia, also in the future. permalink
- Wars of conquest are negative, the subjugation and oppression of other nations is negative, economic exploitation is negative, colonial enslavement is negative, and so on. All these things are accounted negative by Marxism and condemned. All these phenomena of the past can, it is true, be explained, but from our point of view they can never be justified. permalink
- We have spilt an ocean of blood for the brotherhood and unity of our peoples and we shall not allow anyone to touch or destroy it from within. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.