Marcel Pagnol, 1895 - 1974
Born: 28 February 1895, Aubagne, Bouches-du-Rhône, France
Died: 18 April 1974, Paris, France
Biography from Wikipedia
Marcel Pagnol quotes:
Click here to find books by Marcel Pagnol at Amazon.com
- A secret is not something unrevealed, but something told privately, in a whisper. permalink
- Honor is like a match, you can only use it once. permalink
- One has to look out for engineers, they begin with sewing machines and end up with the atomic bomb. permalink
- Such is the life of a man. Moments of joy, obliterated by unforgettable sorrow. permalink
- The most difficult secret for a man to keep is his own opinion of himself. permalink
- The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. permalink
- Whenever I go to the dock and look at the horizon, I am on the other side. If I see a boat on the ocean, it pulls me like a cord ... like a belt pulling my sides, and I don't know where I am, I cannot think of anything else. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.