Luis Buñuel Portolés, 1900 - 1983
Born: 22 February 1900, Calanda, Teruel, Aragón, Spain
Died: 29 July 1983, Mexico City, Mexico
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Luis Bunuel quotes:
Click here to find books by Luis Bunuel at Amazon.com
- Fortunately, somwhere between chance and mystery lies imagination, the only thing that protects our freedom, despite the fact that people keep trying to reduce or kill it off altogether. permalink
- God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed. permalink
- I would give my life for a man who is looking for the truth. But I would gladly kill a man who thinks that he has found the truth. permalink
- In the name of Hippocrates, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival. permalink
- The bar ... is an exercise in solitude. Above all else, it must be quiet, dark, very comfortable — and contrary to modern mores, no music of any kind, no matter how faint. In sum, there should be no more than a dozen tables, and a clientele that doesn't like to talk. permalink
My Last Sigh (1983)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.