Concert photo by Scott Schram (17 June 2005)
Born: 14 April 1935, Butcher Hollow, Kentucky
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Loretta Lynn quotes:
Click here to find books by Loretta Lynn at Amazon.com
- A lot of people say I'd miss show business if I quit. I'd miss some of it. Now it's the only life I know. permalink
- A woman's two cents worth is worth two cents in the music business. permalink
- Back then, we didn't know we were poor, and people were more proud then. permalink
- Because Olivia Newton-John wasn't from Nashville, they didn't like her winning our awards. I've got no complaints. permalink
- Being on stage is the best part of my career. I just say whatever comes into my head. It's the only time I feel grown-up and in control of things. permalink
- Daddy was real gentle with kids. That's why I expected so much out of marriage, figuring that all men should be steady and pleasant. permalink
- Do the best you can with yourself and hope for the best. permalink
- Growing up in eastern Kentucky like I did, I'm used to having a few guns around to protect me. permalink
- I ain't got much education, but I got some sense. permalink
- I believe in education and wish I had a better one. permalink
- I believe in horoscopes. I was born under the sign of the Ram, which means I'm headstrong, don't like people telling me what to do. permalink
- I didn't know how babies were made until I was pregnant with my fourth child. permalink
- I don't go to church regular. But I pray for answers to my problems. permalink
- I don't like to talk about things where you're going to get one side or the other unhappy. My music has no politics. permalink
- I get along with all the women singers, but especially Dolly Parton. We talk the same hillbilly language. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.