Konrad Zacharias Lorenz, 1903 - 1989
Photo from the Max Planck Gesellschaft Archiv (1978)
Born: 7 November 1903, Vienna, Austria-Hungary
Died: 27 February 1989, Vienna, Austria
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Konrad Lorenz quotes:
Click here to find books by Konrad Lorenz at Amazon.com
- Human beings of today are attacked by so-called manager diseases, high blood pressure, renal atrophy, gastric ulcers, and torturing neuroses: they succumb to barbarism because they have no more time for cultural interests. permalink
- I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is us. permalink
- In nature we find not only that which is expedient but also every thing which is not so inexpedient as to endanger the existence of the species. permalink
- It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young. permalink
On Aggression (1966)
- The rushed existence into which industrialized, commercialized man has precipitated himself is actually a good example of an inexpedient development caused entirely by competition between members of the same species. permalink
- Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited to open the way to the next better one. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.