Kenneth David Kaunda
Arriving at Andrews AFB, Maryland - photo by A1C William M. Firaneck (30 March 1983)
Born: 28 April 1924, Chinsali, Northern Rhodesia
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Kenneth Kaunda quotes:
Click here to find books by Kenneth Kaunda at Amazon.com
- Ambition never comes to an end. permalink
- I found this very disturbing, Let your challenger stand. You are popular but that is not the reason for my saying these issues. Principles are principles. They are never divided. Please to my young comrade Yoweri Museveni, let those who want to challenge you do so. permalink
- People see him as a hero. Not just in Zimbabwe or here in Zambia but across the whole of southern Africa. It's no good demonising Robert Mugabe. permalink
"Mugabe's hold on Africans" on BBC News (25 August 2007)
- Seven hundred and fifty billion dollars is the annual aggregate income of African Americans. That economic potential needs to be harnessed for Africa's development and to create expanded economic opportunities for African people worldwide. permalink
- Some people draw a comforting distinction between force and violence. I refuse to cloud the issue by such word-play. The power which establishes a state is violence; the power which maintains it is violence; the power which eventually overthrows it is violence. Call an elephant a rabbit only if it gives you comfort to feel that you are about to be trampled to death by a rabbit. permalink
- The inability of those in power to still the voices of their own consciences is the great force leading to change. permalink
- The power which establishes a state is violence; the power which maintains it is violence; the power which eventually overthrows it is violence. permalink
- There are reasons why African leaders need to be more strategic in cultivating a relationship with the diaspora. permalink
- When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees. permalink
quoted in The Observer, London (2 January 1983)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.