Kenneth Arthur "Ken" Dodd
After 'Ken Dodd Christmas Happiness Show' at Nottingham, photo by Ian Brown (27 December 2007)
Born: 8 November 1927, Knotty Ash, Liverpool, England, UK
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Ken Dodd quotes:
Click here to find books by Ken Dodd at Amazon.com
- Comedy should never be over-analysed. It's either funny or it isn't. There's a subtle difference between those who say funny things and those who say things funny. permalink
- Did you know that a laugh is something that comes out of a hole in your face? Anywhere else and you're in dead trouble! permalink
- Honolulu, it's got everything. Sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife's mother. permalink
- I had an idyllic childhood and when my parents bought me a Punch and Judy Show and a ventriloquist's dummy, I'd perform anywhere, anytime. My parents were wonderful when I told them I wanted to be an entertainer. permalink
- Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audiences come to my shows to escape the cares of life. They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I - which is probably why it works. permalink
- Television is like a great monster, eating your gags as fast as you say them. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.