Michael Joseph "Joe" Sobran, Jr., 1946 - 2010
11th anniversary party for Sobran's (3 December 2005)
Born: 23 February 1946, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Died: 30 September 2010, Fairfax, Virginia
Joseph Sobran quotes:
Click here to find books by Joseph Sobran at Amazon.com
- At the end of a century that has seen the evils of communism, Nazism and other modern tyrannies, the impulse to centralize power remains amazingly persistent. permalink
- Government has ceased to mean upholding and reinforcing the traditional rights and morals of the governed; it now means compulsion in the service of social engineering. permalink
- If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist. permalink
- Politics is the conspiracy of the unproductive but organized against the productive but unorganized. permalink
- The attempt to silence a man is the greatest honor you can bestow on him. It means that you recognize his superiority to yourself. permalink
Reader's Digest (January 1997)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.