John William Vessey, Jr
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (ca. 1983)
Born: 29 June 1922, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Biography from Wikipedia
John W. Vessey, Jr quotes:
Click here to find books by John W. Vessey, Jr at Amazon.com
- Don't get small units caught in between the forces of history. permalink
- More has been screwed up on the battlefield and misunderstood in the Pentagon because of a lack of understanding of the English language than any other single factor. permalink
- My job is to give the president and secretary of defense military advice before they know they need it. permalink
- Our strategy is one of preventing war by making it self-evident to our enemies that they're going to get their clocks cleaned if they start one. permalink
- Resource-constrained environment — fancy Pentagon words that mean there isn't enough money to go around. permalink
- You have to set your "shove-it" tolerance someplace. But you also have to recognize that you, too, may be wrong, and that in two weeks' time you'll be "old what's-his-name" and won't be able to influence the situation at all. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.