John Owen, 1616 - 16833808
Born: 1616, Stadhampton in Oxfordshire, England
Died: August 1683, Ealing, London, England
Biography from Wikipedia
John Owen quotes:
Click here to find books by John Owen at Amazon.com
- Mortification from a self-strength, carried on by ways of self-invention, unto the end of a self-righteousness, is the soul and substnace of all false religion in the world. permalink
- No men can be lords of our faith, though they may be helpers of our joy. permalink
- The foundation of true holiness and true Christian worship is the doctrine of the gospel, what we are to believe. So when Christian doctrine is neglected, forsaken, or corrupted, true holiness and worship will also be neglected, forsaken, and corrupted. permalink
- Unless men see a beauty and delight in the worship of God, they will not do it willingly. permalink
- We need to attend diligently to the state of our soul, and to deal fervently and effectively with God about it. permalink
- Without absolutes revealed from without by God Himself, we are left rudderless in a sea of conflicting ideas about manners, justice and right and wrong, issuing from a multitude of self-opinionated thinkers. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.