Abba Eban, 1915 - 2002
Israeli Government Press Office photo (1 January 1951)
Born: 2 February 1915, Cape Town, South Africa
Died: 17 November 2002, Tel Aviv, Israel
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Abba Eban quotes:
Click here to find books by Abba Eban at Amazon.com
- A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively what no one believes individually. permalink
- His ignorance is encyclopedic. permalink
- History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. permalink
speech at London (16 December 1970)
- I think that this is the first war in history that on the morrow the victors sued for peace and the vanquished called for unconditional surrender. permalink
"Israel's Dilemmas: An Opportunity Squandered"
- If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions. permalink
- The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.