John Bunyan, 1628 - 1688
Born: 28 November 1628, Elstow, Bedfordshire, England
Died: 31 August 1688, London, England
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
John Bunyan quotes:
Click here to find books by John Bunyan at Amazon.com
- A man there was, tho' some did count him mad The more he cast away, the more he had. permalink
- If my life is fruitless, it doesn't matter who praises me, and if my life is fruitful, it doesn't matter who criticizes me. permalink
- If we have not quiet in our minds, outward comfort will do no more for us than a golden slipper on a gouty foot. permalink
- In prayer it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart. permalink
- One leak will sink a ship, and one sin will destroy a sinner. permalink
The Pilgrim's Progress (1678)
- Prayer opens the heart to God, and it is the means by which the soul, though empty, is filled by God. permalink
- Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer. permalink
- Words easy to be understood do often hit the mark, when high and learned ones do only pierce the air. permalink
The Holy City; Or, The New Jerusalem (1665)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.