Meister Eckhart (Johannes Eckhart von Hochheim), ca. 1260 - ca. 13273622
Born: 1260, near Gotha, Landgraviate of Thuringia, Holy Roman Empire
Died: 1327 (possibly 1328), Avignon, Kingdom of Arles (probable)
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Meister Eckhart quotes:
Click here to find books by Meister Eckhart at Amazon.com
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice. permalink
- The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. permalink
- The quickest horse that carries you to perfection is suffering. permalink
quoted by Thomas Mann address at Princeton University (18 May 1939), reported in The Princeton Alumni Weekly (26 May 1939)
- The soul is created in a place between Time and Eternity: with its highest powers it touches Eternity, with its lower Time. permalink
- What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.