Jerome David Salinger, 1919 - 2010
Born: 1 January 1919, New York City
Died: 27 January 2010, Cornish, New Hampshire
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
J. D. Salinger quotes:
Click here to find books by J. D. Salinger at Amazon.com
- A confessional passage has probably never been written that didn't stink a little bit of the writer's pride in having given up his pride. The thing to listen for, every time, with a public confessor, is what he's not confessing to. permalink
Seymour: An Introduction (1959 in The New Yorker, in book form 1963)
- I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. permalink
- Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. permalink
- Many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them - if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something f permalink
- Some of my best friends are children. In fact, all of my best friends are children. permalink
- Some things are hard to remember. permalink
- What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. permalink
- You don't have to think too hard when you talk to teachers. permalink
- You're going to have to find out where you want to go. And then you've got to start going there. But immediately. You can't afford to lose a minute. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.