Aaron Burr, Jr, 1756 - 1836
Portrait by John Vanderlyn (1802)
Born: 6 February 1756, Newark, New Jersey
Died: 14 September 1836, Staten Island, New York
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Aaron Burr quotes:
Click here to find books by Aaron Burr at Amazon.com
- Law is whatever is boldly asserted and plausibly maintained. permalink
- Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow. Delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done. permalink
- Never negotiate in a hurry. permalink
- The rule of my life is to make business a pleasure, and pleasure my business. permalink
- There is a maxim, 'Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.' It is a maxim for sluggards. A better reading of it is, 'Never do today what you can as well do tomorrow,' because something may occur to make you regret your premature action. permalink
- When a woman does me the honor to name me the father of her child, I shall always be too gallant to decline the honor. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.