Israel Zangwill, 1864 - 1926
cover of Time (17 September 1923)
Born: 21 January 1864, London, England, UK
Died: 1 August 1926, Midhurst, West Sussex, England, UK
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Israel Zangwill quotes:
Click here to find books by Israel Zangwill at Amazon.com
- America is God's Crucible, the great Melting-Pot, where all races of Europe are melting and re-forming. permalink
The Melting Pot (1908)
- Every dogma has its day, but ideals are eternal. permalink
- In how many lives does Love really play a dominant part? The average taxpayer is no more capable of the "grand passion" than of a grand opera. permalink
"Love in Life and Literature" in Without Prejudice (1899)
- Oh, for the simple life,
For tents and starry skies! permalink
- Take from me the hope that I can change the future and you will send me mad. permalink
- The Jews are a frightened people. Nineteen centuries of Christian love have broken their nerves permalink
- The only true love is love at first sight; second sight dispels it. permalink
- The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamor. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repetition. permalink
- The way Bernard Shaw believes in himself is very refreshing in these atheistic days when so many believe in no God at all. permalink
- We must believe in free will. We have no choice. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.