Huey Pierce "The Kingfish" Long, Jr, 1893 - 1935
In US Senate, news photo from Library of Congress (ca 1933-1935)
Born: 30 August 1893, Winnfield, Louisiana
Died: 10 August 1935, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Huey Long quotes:
Click here to find books by Huey Long at Amazon.com
- Every man a king, but no one wears a crown. permalink
campaign banner (1928)
- I wonder why he shot me. permalink
on the way to hospital (8 September 1935)
- I'm a dyed-in-the-wool party man. I don't know just what party I am in right now, but I am for the party. permalink
- Quote me as saying that that Imperial bastard will never set foot in Louisiana, and that when I call him a sonofabitch I am not using profanity, but am referring to the circumstances of his birth. permalink
said of Hiram W. Evans of the Ku Klux Klan
- The time has come for all good men to rise above principle. permalink
- We swapped the tyrant 3,000 miles away for a handful of financial slaveowning overlords who make the tyrant of Great Britain seem mild. permalink
speech in US House (1933)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.