Herbert Beerbohm Tree, 1852 - 1917
Bain News Service photo (Ca. 1914)
Born: 17 December 1852, Kensington, London, England, UK
Died: 2 July 1917, London, England, UK
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Herbert Beerbohm Tree quotes:
Click here to find books by Herbert Beerbohm Tree at Amazon.com
- A committee should consist of three men, two of whom are absent. permalink
- A gentleman is one who doesn't care whether he is one or not. permalink
- A man never knows what a fool he is until he is imitated by one. permalink
- Better an hour too soon than a minute too late. permalink
- Every man is a potential genius until he does something. permalink
- I was born old and get younger every day. At present I am sixty years young. permalink
- It is difficult to be thoroughly appreciated until one is quite dead. permalink
- Never impart your humor to the humorless. They will use it in evidence against you. permalink
- Never say a humorous thing to a man who does not possess humor. He will always use it in evidence against you. permalink
- The right to misgovern themselves is the right that all nations claim. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.