Henry Spencer Moore, 1898 - 19862941
Born: 30 July 1898, Castleford, Yorkshire, England, UK
Died: 21 September 1986, Much Hadham, East Hertfordshire, England, UK
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Henry Moore quotes:
Click here to find books by Henry Moore at Amazon.com
- I make the little idea from clay, and I hold it in my hand. I can turn it, look at it from underneath, see it from one view, hold it against the sky, imagine it any size I like, and really be in control, almost like God creating something. permalink
- I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. permalink
- It is a mistake for a sculptor or a painter to speak or write very often about his job. It releases tension needed for his work. permalink
- One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be open and ready for it. permalink
- The important thing is somehow to begin. permalink
- There is a right physical size for every idea. permalink
- There is nothing greater than enthusiasm. permalink
- To know one thing, you must know the opposite. permalink
- What produces good sculpture is a good mind. permalink
- You see, I think a sculptor has to be a practical person. He can't be just a dreamer ... you must be a workman; you must be somebody with his feet on the ground. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.