Anatol Rapoport, 1911 - 2007
Born: 22 May 1911, Lozоvaya, Kharkov Governorate, Russian Empire
Died: 20 January 2007, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biography from Wikipedia
Anatol Rapoport quotes:
Click here to find books by Anatol Rapoport at Amazon.com
- A wise man looks upon men as he does on horses; all their comparisons of title, wealth, and place, he consider but as harness. permalink
- Examples is more forcible than precept. People look at my six days in the week to see what I mean on the seventh. permalink
- Faith makes all evil good to us, and all good better; unbelief makes all good evil, and all evil worse. Faith laughs at the shaking of the spear; unbelief trembles at the shaking of a leaf. permalink
- One cannot play chess if one becomes aware of the pieces as living souls and of the fact that the Whites and the Blacks have more in common with each other than with the players. Suddenly one loses all interest in who will be champion. permalink
- Solitude shows us what should be; society shows us what we are. permalink
- Virtue consisted in avoiding scandal and venereal disease. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.