Gioachino Antonio Rossini, 1792 - 1868
Photo by F
Born: 29 February 1792, Pesaro, Papal States
Died: 13 November 1868, Passy, Paris, France
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Gioacchino Rossini quotes:
Click here to find books by Gioacchino Rossini at Amazon.com
- Answer [critics] with silence and indifference. It works better, I assure you, than anger and argument. permalink
- Beethoven I take twice a week, Haydn four times, and Mozart every day! permalink
- Eating, loving, singing and digesting are, in truth, the four acts of the comic opera known as life, and they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne. Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a complete fool. permalink
- Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. permalink
- Give me a laundry-list and I'll set it to music. permalink
- How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers. permalink
- Mr Wagner has good moments but awful quarters of an hour. permalink
letter to Emile Naumann (April 1867)
- One can't judge Wagner's opera Lohengrin after a first hearing, and I certainly don't intend to hear it a second time. permalink
- Thou knowest, O Lord, as well as I, that really I am only a composer of opera buffa. permalink
dedication to Petite Messe solennelle (1864)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.