George Whitefield, 1714 - 1770
Oil on canvas by John Russell (ca. 1770)
Born: 5 December 1714 (16 December 1714 O.S.), Gloucester, England, UK
Died: 30 September 1770, Newburyport, Massachusetts, British North America
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
George Whitefield quotes:
Click here to find books by George Whitefield at Amazon.com
- Christ's servants have always been the world's fools. permalink
- He was God and man in one person, that God and man might be happy together again. permalink
- I had rather wear out than rust out. permalink
- Lord, show that Thou dost love me, by humbling and keeping me humble as long as I live. The means I leave to Thee. permalink
- We are immortal until our work on earth is done. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.