George A. Sheehan, 1918 - 19932517
Born: 5 November 1918, Brooklyn, New York
Died: 1 November 1993, Ocean Grove, New Jersey
George Sheehan quotes:
Click here to find books by George Sheehan at Amazon.com
- Happiness is different from pleasure. Happiness has something to do with struggling and enduring and accomplishing. permalink
- Once you have decided that winning isn't everything, you become a winner. permalink
- Sweat cleanses from the inside. It comes from places a shower will never reach. permalink
- The answer to the big questions in running is the same as the answer to the big questions in life: do the best with what you've got. permalink
- The whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit. permalink
- There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be. permalink
- There are those of us who are always about to live. We are waiting until things change, until there is more time, until we are less tired, until we get a promotion, until we settle down — until, until, until. It always seems as if there is some major event that must occur in our lives before we begin living. permalink
- There is a healthy way to be ill. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.