George MacDonald, 1824 - 1905
Born: 10 December 1824, Huntly, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
Died: 18 September 1905, Ashtead, Surrey, England, UK
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
George MacDonald quotes:
Click here to find books by George MacDonald at Amazon.com
- Division has done more to hide Christ from the view of all men than all the infidelity that has ever been spoken. permalink
- Every truth must be accompanied by some corresponding act. permalink
- Friends, if we be honest with ourselves, we shall be honest with each other. permalink
- If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. permalink
- It is not the cares of today, but the cares of tomorrow, that weigh a man down. permalink
- The principle part of faith is patience. permalink
- To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. permalink
The Marquis of Lossie (1877)
- When we are out of sympathy with the young, then I think our work in this world is over. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.