George E. Jessel, 1898 - 1981
Still from Stage Door Canteen (1943)
Born: 3 April 1898, Bronx, New York
Died: 23 May 1981, Los Angeles, California
Biography from Wikipedia
George Jessel quotes:
Click here to find books by George Jessel at Amazon.com
- A toastmaster is a man who eats a meal he doesn't want so he can get up and tell a lot of stories he doesn't remember to people who've already heard them. permalink
- If you haven’t struck oil in five minutes, stop boring!
quoted by Cleveland Amory in Celebrity Register: An Irreverent Compendium of American Quotable Notables (1959)
- Marriage is a mistake every man should make. permalink
- Practice [speaking] all the time. One of the best ways is to put a bunch of marbles in your mouth while you talk. Slowly but surely you take away a marble. And then, when you've lost all your marbles, you're a public speaker. permalink
- The human brain is a wonderful thing. It starts working the moment you are born, and never stops until you stand up to speak in public. permalink
- This case reminds me of one in which I likened the Plaintiff's case to a colander, because it was so full of holes. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.