Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr
Afmy portrait by Russell Roederer (9 November 1988)
Born: 22 August 1934, Trenton, New Jersey
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Norman Schwarzkopf quotes:
Click here to find books by Norman Schwarzkopf at Amazon.com
- Any general who's worth his salt knows that war is not a Nintendo game; war is not something that's fought by robots. permalink
- As far as Saddam Hussein being a great military strategist: He is neither a strategist, nor is he schooled in the operational art, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general, nor is he a soldier. Other than that, he's a great military man. permalink
Gulf War briefing (28 February 1992)
- Do what is right, not what you think the high headquarters wants or what you think will make you look good. permalink
- I admire men of character and I judge character not by how men deal with their superiors, but mostly how they deal with their subordinates. permalink
- I feel that retired generals should never miss an opportunity to remain silent concerning matters for which they are no longer responsible. permalink
- It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle. permalink
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. permalink
quoted by John Maxwell in The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership (1998)
- Never prejudge anybody. permalink
- The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it. permalink
- There's more than one way to look at a problem, and they all may be right. permalink
- When placed in command, take charge. permalink
- You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.