Grace Murray Hopper, 1906 - 1992
U. S. Navy photo by James S. Davis (20 January 1984)
Born: 9 December 1906, New York City
Died: 1 January 1992, Arlington, Virginia
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are often "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Grace Hopper quotes:
Click here to find books by Grace Hopper at Amazon.com
- A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things. permalink
- I am now going to make you a gift that will stay with you the rest of your life. For the rest of your life, every time you say we've always done it that way, my ghost will appear and haunt you for twenty-four hours. permalink
- If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission. permalink
- The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way." permalink
- We went overboard on management and forgot about leadership. It might help if we ran the MBAs out of Washington. permalink
- You manage things; you lead people. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, pope, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.