Benjamin Franklin Norris, 1870 - 1902
Born: 5 March 1870, Chicago, Illinois
Died: 25 October 1902, San Francisco, California
Frank Norris quotes:
Click here to find books by Frank Norris at Amazon.com
- Always blame conditions, not men. permalink
The Octopus: A Story of California ()
- I never truckled; I never took off the hat to Fashion and held it out for pennies. By God, I told them the truth. permalink
- No art that is not in the end understood by the People can live or ever did live a single generation. permalink
- The eternal raison d'etre of America is in its being the "sweet land of liberty". Should a land so dreamed into existence, so degenerate through material prosperity as to become what its European critics, with too much justice, have scornfully renamed it the "Land of the Dollar" — such a development will be one of the sorriest conclusions of history, and the most colossal disillusionment that has ever happened to mankind. permalink
- The function of the novelist ... is to comment upon life as he sees it. permalink
- The People have a right to the Truth as they have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. permalink
- Truth is a thing immortal and perpetual, and it gives to us a beauty that fades not away in time. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.