Fletcher Knebel, 1911 - 1993
Born: 1 October 1911, Dayton, Ohio
Died: 26 February 1993, Honolulu, Hawaii
Fletcher Knebel quotes:
Click here to find books by Fletcher Knebel at Amazon.com
- A decision is what a man makes when he can't find anybody to serve on a committee. permalink
- Figures won't lie, but liars can figure. permalink
- Hollywood, to hear some writers tell it, is the place where they take an author's steak tartare and make cheeseburger out of it. Upon seeing the film, they say, the author promptly cuts his throat, bleeding to death in a pool of money. permalink
- It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics. permalink
- No other city in the U.S. can divest the visitor of so much money with so little enthusiasm. In Dallas, they take it away with gusto; in New Orleans, with a bow; in San Francisco, with a wink and a grin. In New York, you're lucky if you get a grunt. permalink
- Our forefathers made one mistake. What they should have fought for was representation without taxation. permalink
- Statesmanship is harder than politics. Politics is the art of getting along with people, whereas statesmanship is the art of getting along with politicians. permalink
- The convention is the voice, the bone, and the sinews of a political party — and sometimes it even nominates an Abraham Lincoln. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.