Click here to find books by Epicurus at Amazon.com
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring which you have not; but remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for. permalink
- He who is calm disturbs neither himself nor others. permalink
- In a philosophical dispute, he gains most who is defeated, since he learns most. permalink
- It is not so much our friend's help that helps us as the confidence of their help. permalink
- Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship. permalink
- The flesh endures the storms of the present alone; the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present. permalink
quoted by Diogenes Laertius in Lives of Eminent Philosphers
- Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not? permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.