Abraham Michael Rosenthal, 1922 - 2006
Portrait by Richard Avedon (1976)
Born: 2 May 1922, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Died: 10 May 2006, Manhattan, New York
Biography from Wikipedia
A. M. Rosenthal quotes:
Click here to find books by A. M. Rosenthal at Amazon.com
- Be fanatics. When it comes to being and doing and dreaming the best, be maniacs. permalink
- If you don't have a sensation of apprehension when you set out to find a story and a swagger when you sit down to write it, you are in the wrong business. permalink
- It has been our policy not to use obscenities in the paper. It's a harmless little eccentricity of ours. permalink
- It was an interesting experience being metropolitan editor of the Times, in precisely the same way as being simmered in a saucepan for a few years is terribly interesting. permalink
- New York is the city of rampant creativity, of abundant imagination, whether you are in advertising or the theater or the stock market. They are all fields built on imagination, the spinning of ideas and creations, of fantasy becoming reality. It is everything. permalink
- When something important is going on, silence is a lie. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.