Edvard Hagerup Grieg, 1843 - 1907
Painting by Eilif Peterssen (1891)
Born: 15 June 1843, Bergen, Norway
Died: 4 September 1907, Troldhaugen, Bergen, Norway
Biography from Wikipedia
Edvard Grieg quotes:
Click here to find books by Edvard Grieg at Amazon.com
- I am sure my music has a taste of codfish in it. permalink
- In Bach, Beethoven and Wagner we admire principally the depth and energy of the human mind; in Mozart, the divine instinct. permalink
- One must first be a human being. All true art grows out of that whis is distinctively human. permalink
- Suddenly a mist fell from my eyes and I knew the way I had to take. permalink
- When we are young, friends are, like everything else, a matter of course. In the old days we know what it means to have them. permalink
- Yes, Norway, Norway.... I would not want to belong to any other nation on earth. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.