Edgard Victor Achille Charles Varèse, 1883 - 1965
Born: 22 December 1883, Paris, France
Died: 6 November 1965, New York City
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Edgard Varese quotes:
Click here to find books by Edgard Varese at Amazon.com
- Contrary to general belief, an artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs. permalink
- Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes. permalink
- I was not influenced by composers as much as by natural objects and physical phenomena. permalink
- I was the first composer to explore, so to speak, musical outer space. permalink
- Our musical alphabet is poor and illogical. Music, which should pulsate with life, needs new means of expression, and science alone can infuse it with youthful vigor. permalink
- Possible musical forms are as limitless as the exterior forms of crystals. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.