Thomas Richard "Dick" Martin, 1922 - 2008
Born: 30 January 1922, Battle Creek, Michigan
Died: 24 May 2008, Santa Monica, California
Dick Martin quotes:
Click here to find books by Dick Martin at Amazon.com
- Honestly it's the kids that made us successful. They had a good outlook, and we made it fun. permalink
- Honey, just blow in his ear and he'll follow you anywhere permalink
- I belong to Bridegrooms Anonymous. Whenever I feel like getting married, they send over a lady in a housecoat and hair curlers to burn my toast for me. permalink
- My life has been divided into three parts in the show-business world: nightclubs, television, and then I was a director for 30 years of television shows. And I think the most fun I ever had was nightclubs. I loved nightclubs. permalink
- People are basically irreverent. They want to see sacred cows kicked over. You can't have Harry Belafonte on your show and not have him sing a song, but we did; we had him climbing out of a bathtub, just because it looked irreverent and silly. If a show hires Robert Goulet, pays him $7,500 or $10,000, they're going to want three songs out of him; we hire Robert Goulet, pay him $210 and drop him through a trap door. permalink
- You bet your sweet bippy. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.