Derek Curtis Bok
Born: 22 March 1930, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Biography from Wikipedia
Derek Bok quotes:
Click here to find books by Derek Bok at Amazon.com
- An educated man must have a 'curiosity in exploring the unfamiliar and unexpected, an open-mindedness in entertaining opposing points of view, tolerance for the ambiguity that surrounds so many important issues, and a willingness to make the best decisions he can in the face of uncertainty and doubt. permalink
- I suspect that no community will become humane and caring by restricting what its members can say. permalink
- I won't say there aren't any Harvard graduates who have never asserted a superior attitude. But they have done so to our great embarrassment and in no way represent the Harvard I know. permalink
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. permalink
quoted by Paul Dickson in The Official Rules (1978)
- Independent and impartial exercise of judicial authority is an essential aspect of a free society. Instead of safeguarding judges from political pressures, most election systems invite such influence. permalink
- There is far too much law for those who can afford it and far too little for those who cannot. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.