Alan Stewart Paton, 1903 - 1988
Born: 11 January 1903, Pietermaritzburg, Natal, South Africa
Died: 12 April 1988, Durban, Natal, South Africa
Biography from Wikipedia
Alan Paton quotes:
Click here to find books by Alan Paton at Amazon.com
- But the one thing that has power completely is love, because when a man loves, he seeks no power, and therefore he has power. permalink
- I have one great fear in my heart, that one day when they (the whites of South Africa) have turned to loving, they will find we (the blacks) are turned to hating. permalink
- There is only one way in which one can endure man's inhumanity to man and that is to try, in one's own life, to exemplify man's humanity to man. permalink
- To give up the task of reforming society is to give up one's responsibility as a free man. permalink
- What broke in a man when he could bring himself to kill another? permalink
- When men are ruled by fear, they strive to prevent the very changes that will abate it. permalink
- Who knows why we live, and struggle, and die?... Wise men write many books, in words too hard to understand. But this, the purpose of our lives, the end of all our struggle, is beyond all human wisdom. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.