Clive James AO CBE (Vivian Leopold James)
Born: 7 October 1939, Kogarah, Sydney, Australia
Biography from Wikipedia
Clive James quotes:
Click here to find books by Clive James at Amazon.com
- Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. permalink
quoted by Robert Giddings in J. R. R. Tolkien: This Far Land (1983)
- Everyone has a right to a university degree in America, even if it's in Hamburger Technology. permalink
- Fiction is life with the dull bits left out. permalink
quoted in The Telegraph (21 June 2012)
- It is only when they go wrong that machines remind you how powerful they are. permalink
- She was good at playing abstract confusion in the same way that a midget is good at being short. permalink
on Marilyn Monroe in Visions Before Midnight (1977)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.