Christine Marie Evert
Born: 21 December 1954, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Biography from Wikipedia
Chris Evert quotes:
Click here to find books by Chris Evert at Amazon.com
- If I win seven tournaments in a row, I get so confident I'm in a cloud. A loss gets me eager again. permalink
- If you can react the same way to winning and losing, that's a big accomplishment. That quality is important because it stays with you the rest of your life. permalink
quoted in Winning Women, Beth Mende Conny, ed. (1993)
- If you're a champion, you have to have it in your heart. permalink
- Once you've been number one, you can never be satisfied with less. permalink
quoted in The Winning Woman, Molly Jay, ed. (2001)
- The difference is almost all mental. The top players just hate to lose. ... A champion hates to lose even more than she loves to win. permalink
- You've got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.