Armando Anthony "Chick" Corea
Born: 12 June 1941, Chelsea, Massachusetts
Biography from Wikipedia
Additional quotes from Wikiquote. Wikiquote entries are "sourced" and may include items longer than those included here, particularly for poets, lyricists, and dramatists.
Chick Corea quotes:
Click here to find books by Chick Corea at Amazon.com
- Art is a subject that is inundated with opinions. In fact, that's all it is about is opinions. permalink
- As a musician, I don't have one thing that's "my thing." I like to create, and have a lot of outlets for it. Dustin Hoffman is one of the guys that sets a model for me, because of how good he is at being such different characters. Every time you see DeNiro, he's pretty much DeNiro — great, but DeNiro. Hoffman is different every time, depending on his character. That's how I see myself as a performer. permalink
- I enjoy playing the band as the band. I 'be' the whole band and I'm playing the drums, I'm playing the guitar, I'm playing the saxophone. To me, the most wonderful thing about playing music is that. permalink
- I searched through rebellion, drugs, diet, mysticism, religion, intellectualism, and much more, only to find that truth is basically simple and feels good, clear and right. permalink
- It's very difficult for me to dislike an artist. No matter what he's creating, the fact that he's experiencing the joy of creation makes me feel like we're in a brotherhood of some kind... we're in it together. permalink
- Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything. permalink
- The sound of the orchestra is one of the most magnificent musical sounds that has ever existed. permalink
- You've got to create the space, then fill it. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.