Charles Laughton, 1899 - 1962
Portrait by Carl Van Vechten (1940)
Born: 1 July 1899, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, UK
Died: 15 December 1962, Hollywood, California
Biography from Wikipedia
Charles Laughton quotes:
Click here to find books by Charles Laughton at Amazon.com
- Hollywood is a goofy place. But I like it. It's the perfect mummers' home. If one weren't a little mad one wouldn't be there. permalink
- I have a face like the behind of an elephant. permalink
- I have a face that would stop a sundial. permalink
- It's got so that every time I walk into a restaurant I get not only soup but an impersonation of Captain Bligh. permalink
- Method actors give you a photograph. Real actors give you an oil painting. permalink
- They can't censor the gleam in my eye. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.