Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant
promotional image from his website
Born: 9 December 1933, London, England, UK
Currently living at Santa Barbara, California, Brilliant is a syndicated cartoonist. His primary outlet is "Pot-Shots", a single-panel cartoon with one of his epigrams. He has also assembled several volumes as books, written additional essays, and licensees offer a range of specialty items with his work on them, such as cups, T-shirts, and refrigerator magnets. The epigrams are limited to seventeen English words and must not depend on current cultural fads or English-language wordplay. The Wall Street Journal proclaimed him as "history's only full-time, professional published epigrammatist".
Ashleigh Brilliant quotes:
Click here to find books by Ashleigh Brilliant at Amazon.com
- All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power permalink
- As long as I have you there is just one other thing I'll always need - tremendous self control. permalink
- By doing just a little every day, I can gradually let the task completely overwhelm me. permalink
- I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem. permalink
- I don't understand you. You don't understand me. What else do we have in common? permalink
- I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it. permalink
- I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent. permalink
- I waited and waited, and when no message came, I knew it must have been from you. permalink
- If we could all hear one another's prayers, God might be relieved of some of His burden. permalink
- If you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion. permalink
- It's good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me. permalink
- Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't all a dream? permalink
- Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove. permalink
- Maybe I'm lucky to be going so slowly, because I may be going in the wrong direction. permalink
- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.