Quotes from the category Wife:
- A house does not need a wife any more than it does a husband. permalink
The Home (1903)
- A widow is like a frigate of which the first captain has been shipwrecked. permalink
quoted in Good Housekeeping (April 1898)
- Gamesters and highwaymen are generally very good to their whores, but they are very devils to their wives. permalink
- Helpmate, n. A wife, or bitter half. permalink
- Never, never, never refer to your wife as "My Old Lady." permalink
1001 Ways to be Romantic (1999)
- No slave is a slave to the same lengths, and in so full a sense of the word, as a wife is. permalink
- There are two categories of women. Those who are women and those who are men's wives. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.