Quotes from the category Voice:
- Art is never the voice of a country, it is an even more precious thing, the voice of the individual, doing its best to speak, not comfort of any sort, but truth. And the art that speaks it most unmistakably, most directly, most variously, most fully, is fiction. permalink
- Diplomacy, n. The patriotic art of lying for one's country. permalink
- Eloquence lies as much in the tone of the voice, in the eyes, and in the speaker's manner, as in his choice of words. permalink
- How can one not speak about war, poverty, and inequality when people who suffer from these afflictions don't have a voice to speak? permalink
interview with Marie-Lise Gazarian-Gautiez in Interviews with Latin American Writers (1989)
- The sound of his father's voice was a necessity. He longed for the sight of his stooped shoulders as he had never, in the sharpest of his hunger, longed for food. permalink
The Yearling (1938)
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. permalink
- When love speaks, the voice of all the gods makes heaven drowsy with the harmony. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.