Quotes from the category Study:
- A scholar knows no boredom. permalink
- All roads lead to Rome, and there were times when it might have struck us that almost every branch of study or subject of conversation skirted forbidden ground. permalink
The Turn of the Screw (1898)
- Study has been for me the sovereign remedy against all the disappointments of life. I have never known any trouble that an hour's reading would not dissipate.
Mes Pensées, 1720-55 (1899)
- The greatest object in educating is to give a right habit of study. permalink
- The story and study of the past, both recent and distant, will not reveal the future, but it flashes beacon lights along the way and it is a useful nostrum against despair. permalink
"The Historian's Opportunity" in Practicing History: Selected Essays (1981)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.