Quotes from the category Stars:
- My heart always timidly hides itself behind my mind. I set out to bring down stars from the sky, then, for fear of ridicule, I stop and pick little flowers of eloquence. permalink
Cyrano de Bergerac (1897)
- Stars clustered about the chimney-top like silver bees in swarm. permalink
South Moon Under (1933)
- Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive. permalink
- That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. permalink
- There is something of the same pleasure in noticing the hues of the stars that there is in looking at a flower garden in autumn. permalink
quoted by Hope Stoddard in Famous American Women (1970)
- Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever. permalink
On Death and Dying (1969)
- When we are chafed and fretted by small cares, a look at the stars will show us the littleness of our own interests. permalink
diary entry (1866), in Maria Mitchell: Life, Letters, and Journals, Phebe Mitchell Kendall, ed. (1896)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.