Quotes from the category Senses:
- A pagan education would sharpen the mind, steel the will, and seduce the senses. Our philosophy should be both contemplative and pugilistic, admitting aggression (as Christianity does not) as central to our mythology. The beasts of passion must be confronted, and the laws of nature understood. Conflict cannot be avoided, but perhaps it can be confined to a mental theater. permalink
- A work of art is a world in itself reflecting senses and emotions of the artist's world. permalink
- Cultivating whatever gave pleasure to my senses was always the chief business of my life; I never found any occupation more important. Feeling that I was born for the sex opposite of mine, I have always loved it and done all that I could to make myself loved by it. permalink
Histoire de ma vie (1798, Trask translation 1997)
- Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. permalink
- The honey from the flowers of the senses, Ever present within, ruler of time, Goes beyond fear. For this Self is Supreme! permalink
- There are three schoolmasters for everybody that will employ them - the senses, intelligent companions, and books. permalink
- There is nothing like the smell of a bookstore. If you ask me, it's actually a combination of smells: part library, part new-book, and part expectation for what you might find. permalink
Destiny, Rewritten (2013)
- We are not Argus-eyed, but Argus-eared. permalink
Laws of Media: The New Science, with Eric McLuhan (1988)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.